Agenda Day 2
9:00 am - 10:00 am 60 Minute Keynote: The Architecture of InnovationAlberta Soranzo, Director of End-to-End Service Design,Lloyds Banking Group
10:00 am - 10:30 am Networking Break and Business Card Collection
10:30 am - 11:00 am Case study: Creating Digital Assistants to Help 24 Million Customers Achieve Their AmbitionsNoel Lyons, Director of Digital Design,Barclays
24 million customers interact with Barclays in the UK alone, that’s 1 out of every 2 adults. It is essential to always think about the needs of the customers and help them achieving their ambitions. Over the past few years, Noel and his team have been working alongside a number of AI partners to fundamentally redesign the way they interact with their customers. In this session you will hear the key learnings from their journey:
- Design thinking: It’s not the case of making a faster horse
- What are the key learnings throughout the design and development of the key interfaces and prototypes
- The good and bad of NLP tools and how to make the most of them
- What are the opportunities and requirements for moving towards Deep AI
Noel LyonsDirector of Digital Design
11:00 am - 11:30 am Case Study Interview: Simply BusinessBeatriz Montoya, Digital Marketing Director ,Simply Business
- An overview of Simply Business' AI capabilities and their proven business results.
- Using AI to power marketing attribution models and profitable marketing activity
- Looking at the future: improving the customer experience including the use of speech recognition to analyse conversations between customers and agents
Beatriz MontoyaDigital Marketing Director
11:30 am - 12:15 pm The Ten-Minute-Snapshot
The Ten-Minute Snapshot is a series of 10 minute-long demonstration drives from our event partners designed to give you a unique insight into how their solutions can directly assist you in your endeavour to solve your needs.
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Networking Lunch and Prize Draw Announcements
Prize: Amazon Echo Dot
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm Roundtables: Setting Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely Goals in Your AI Journey
Predicting the above in any new project is difficult. Further, during a period of digital transformation, 70% of businesses fail to achieve their desired business outcomes of the project. How do you ensure that your company and your project is one of the organisations in the 30%? What is preventing you from getting there?
Attendees will be grouped into tables to collaboratively work towards solutions to the questions posed above and by the roundtable moderator.
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Upskilling Your People – AI Cost Savings vs. Revenue GenerationMelissa Harris, CEO,Telecom Training Corporation
AI tools are often pitched as means of replacing low-skilled jobs and automating certain processes. As such, cost-saving is a phrase often used in commercial discussions in the context of AI. While this is true to a certain extent, the true benefit of AI is the extra revenue it is able to generate through equipping your people with the knowledge they need. Topics included in this presentation include how to:
- Ensure your leadership team is aware of the cost savings and revenue generation benefits of your AI solutions
- Obtain C-level commitment for the time and investment required for upskilling your teams
- Effectively leverage multiple resources, such as your internal management and training teams and your commercial partners, to provide effective upskilling training and development solutions
- Implement strategies for employees to be rewarded and held accountable in meeting both AI cost savings and revenue generation goals
Telecom Training Corporation
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Company Culture: Readying the Organisation for AIPeter Jackson, Chief Data Officer,Southern Water
What are the significant roadblocks you are facing from the perspective of your organisation on your journey toward AI? How can you overcome these and deliver on the strategic vision set our by the business? What is stopping you and others from achieving this change in your organisation?
Peter JacksonChief Data Officer
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm Case Study Interview Two: The Role Of Customer Analytics In Managing And Supporting A Multiple Channel PresenceMark Stern, Head of Business Intelligence,Gala Coral Group
- Assessing how to effectively use customer analytics to manage multiple communication channels, control product information and align consumer touch points
- Drawing key information from analytics processes to capture customers’ attention and achieve a more focused marketing strategy
- Translating results into cross-selling opportunities
- How can analytics enable you to strengthen the customer experience?
Mark SternHead of Business Intelligence
Gala Coral Group