Conference Day One: Establishing and Maintaining a Sustainable AI Environment
8:15 - 9:00 REGISTRATION AND WELCOME COFFEE
9:15 - 9:30 KEY REFECTIONS ON THE PRE-CONFERENCE MASTERCLASSMartin Hill-Wilson - Founder, Brainfood Consulting
Dr. David Naylor - Founder, Humanotics
9:30 - 10:00 SHAPING THE FUTURE WITH AIAli Bouhouch - CTO and VP, Enterprise Architecture, SEPHORA
SEPHORA has been transforming retail and cosmetic industry worldwide through driving innovation and personalisation for almost two decades. Leveraging ML, VR and over 5 years of experimenting, the Virtual Assistant has proved to be a real success amongst customers. Two most important things can all learn from SEPHORA is their imbedded customer focus and ability to take advantage of an opportunity in the rapidly changing digital environment.
As a leader that has helped to shape and drive this transformation of customer experience, Ali will talk about the importance of organic approach to CX innovation and shaping the transformation process as a part of a wider society.
- How do we introduce new technology to ensure acceptance?
- Creating digital experiences and products to make consumer interactions more fun and more efficient: how do we engage, educate and entertain?
- Leading the AI-enhanced world: looking out for and shaping customer needs
Ali BouhouchCTO and VP, Enterprise Architecture
10:00 - 10:30 THE CX OF AI: MINDSET VS TECHNOLOGYQaalfa Dibeehi - VP, Marketing and Strategy Innovation, Customer Experience and Digital, EMEA, Forrester Research
Digital transformation is now almost a business-as-usual concept. Emerging technologies like AI are fuelling digital fire. Companies are throwing AI at their CX efforts and it’s happening rapidly. Enthusiasm for AI as an emerging technology can lead businesses to build experiences that customers find useless. It’s necessary to think through how best to build and deploy an intelligent experience. This presentation will cover:
- Why AI-driven experiences are seductive — and risky
- The four parts of effective human-AI interactions
- Why AI needs to help deliver cognitive moments to help differentiate the CX
Qaalfa DibeehiVP, Marketing and Strategy Innovation, Customer Experience and Digital, EMEA
10:30 - 11:00 AI SOUP FOR THE CX SOUL: HOW CAN AI TRANSFORM CX AND UNLEASH SIGNIFICANT VALUE?Abhijit Akerkar - Head of Applied Science, Business Integration, Lloyds Banking Group
Abhijit will argue that like a consummate chef, you will have to blend the right ingredients – strategy, technology, data, behavioural science, capability building, and ethics – in the right way to create a signature dish that enhances your brand value. A variety of AI technologies will have to be deployed to work in tandem to create a compound effect while maximising value from each technology. Organisational silos will have to be broken. Cracking this code for your organisation will take a few iterations. Subsequent scaling will unleash a significant value for your brand.
Abhijit AkerkarHead of Applied Science, Business Integration
Lloyds Banking Group
11:00 - 11:30 MORNING BREAK AND NETWORKING
11:30 - 12:00 PRACTICAL USES OF AI THAT ENHANCE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TODAYMatt Netwon - Watson AI Technical Leader, Europe, IBM Watson
Gain insights into practical uses of AI that are enhancing customer experiences today and explore how AI could improve interactions in your business.
Join Matt to understand and learn how Watson AI is enhancing crucial and complex use cases;
• How virtual agents assist customer service operations
• How image recognition to detect breakages in equipment
• How AI is helping to conduct scientific tests and helping astronauts on the International Space Station
This will be an informative and inspirational session.
Matt NetwonWatson AI Technical Leader, Europe
12:00 - 12:45 BALANCING AI AND HUMANITY IN CX: HOW TO MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS FEEL CARED FOR WHILST TRANSITIONING TO INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION?Seth Adler - Host CX Network
Aaron Boasman-Patel - VP, AI and CX, TM Forum
Ali Bouhouch - CTO and VP, Enterprise Architecture, SEPHORA
Chris Carmichael - Manager, Innovation Lab, TUI
Nicholas Stone - CX Transformation Consultant, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
One of the most widespread concerns there currently are with the rapidly accelerating adoption of AI for CX is the scare that automation will replace humanity in customer service, feel largely impersonal and drive customers further away from you. In this discussion, we will hear expert insight on the best way to integrate AI without losing the human touch.
- How do we make sure our customers don’t feel dismissed with the rise in AI in customer communication, especially in the case of self-service? Is there a way to convey the opposite successfully?
- What’s the best way to communicate this change of mode of communication to your customers? Do we start with providing a choice of channels for a smooth transition or make it firm, loud and clear?
- Is there a way to build higher trust and loyalty using AI technologies and strengthen customer relationships in ways, which we wouldn’t be able to do otherwise?
- When looking at AI and data and personalisation, what’s the best way to approach this? How to make it an accurate reflection of your customer’s sentiments and behaviours?
Aaron Boasman-PatelVP, AI and CX
Ali BouhouchCTO and VP, Enterprise Architecture
Chris CarmichaelManager, Innovation Lab
Nicholas StoneCX Transformation Consultant
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
12:45 - 13:15 QUICK FIX, QUICK WIN – SMART CUSTOMER INCIDENT RESOLUTION POWERED BY AIPeter Kleinhans - Head of Sales, solvatio AG
Resolving customer support requests is a major cost generator especially in service- and technology driven industries. The emergence of digital support channels yields substantial cost-saving potential which can only be fully leveraged by new innovative solutions for automated incident troubleshooting and customer interaction. Illustrated by an example from Telecommunications, you will learn how AI can boost troubleshooting efficiency, improve customer experience and - last but not least - help customer operations keep pace with growing service complexity and product diversity.
Peter KleinhansHead of Sales
13:15 - 14:15 NETWORKING LUNCH
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS: Choose one of the two 14:15-15:15
IDG A14:15 - 15:15 The Next Step in Your AI-Powered Customer Experience Journey Bob Walmsley - SVP, Worldwide Sales Coveo
It goes by many names: a digital transformation, a re-architecting of your customer experience or improving the customer journey. Regardless of name, successful organizations acknowledge that true transformation only occurs when digital experiences anticipate the needs of customers to make personalized and proactive recommendations.
The question on everybody’s mind is: How is AI going to improve and enhance the customer experience?
Join in the discussion to:
- Share best practices to leverage context and intent to improve the customer experience across all your channels.
- Discover how companies are already using AI-powered search and recommendations technology to make business more personal
- Walk away with a step-by-step maturity model to guide your relevance journey
Bob WalmsleySVP, Worldwide Sales
IDG B14:15 - 15:15 Nailing the basics Chair: Sherrie Simmons - COO In STEPPS
This discussion session is aimed at those, who are looking to embark on their AI journey and will look at the customer journey and best starting points for AI. You will have an opportunity to discuss any issues specific to your case in depth, as well as more generic queries on what AI can do for your customers.
15:15 - 15:45 I, HUMAN – MANAGING CHANGE IN THE AI AGEPhil Lewis - Managing Director , Corporate Punk
Across all industries, change is not a choice. It is a necessity. Yet, the uncomfortable truth is that at the outset of almost any change programme, the odds are stacked against successful delivery. Given its complexity, there is no question that transitioning to an AI-driven operating model is difficult.
This failure rate is widely recognised; even accepted as inevitability. But in real terms, failure on such a level equates to tens of millions of pounds of missing ROI, lost customers and damaged customer relationships, as well as the collateral damage to business strategy, shareholder value and team morale.
This session will dive into the inevitability of failure, success factors and common pitfalls and AI as a human process in AI CX transformation and will help you manage the change smoothly. You will walk away with three key takeaways that will put the AI transformation into a new angle and help you
answer the following questions:
• Why does failure happen and what can be done?
• The success and failure factors are already well understood and can be easily managed. Yet many businesses struggle to do this. Why?
• How do you prevent the mistake of ignoring people when you bring in the robots?
Phil LewisManaging Director
15:45 - 16:15 AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
16:15 - 16:45 BUILDING AI CAPABILITY AT SKYJames Alexander - Decisioning Director, Sky
Join James to listen to how Sky is building its modelling AI capability to make customer interactions more relevant.
- Where does AI make sense for customer experience at Sky and how do we keep things as simple as possible?
- Combining legacy models with AI to improve performance
- Creating a central perspective of the customer
- Helping the business understand and use AI
James AlexanderDecisioning Director
16:45 - 17:15 CUSTOMER CARE IN THE AGE OF DIGITALRanjan Gill - Head of Social Support Strategy, Koodo Mobile
As head of Koodo Mobile’s Social Support Strategy, Ranjan is focused on creating effortless digital support experiences for all customers, while keeping Koodo the most recommended wireless brand in Canada. Through strategic foresight, drive, and determination, he built a strong foundation for his most recent engagement at Koodo Mobile, a flanker brand of one of the largest Canadian telcos. It’s in that capacity that Ranjan and his team have implemented a new service model strategy, leveraging AI at its core, with the ultimate goal of an even better customer experience and significantly improved operational efficiency for the Koodo brand.
- How do we integrate chat bots into customer care successfully?
- Behavioural psychology in defining CX strategy
- Guiding customers onto the right path: how do we get the customer to embrace virtual assistants?
Ranjan GillHead of Social Support Strategy